From Idaho, we went to Morgan to spend a day or two with the fam, my sisters and their families also joined in on the adventure. My dad and I both had deer tags for the Utah general season. We talked and played games the day before the hunt and it was a lot of fun just hanging out and playing with my nieces. Saturday morning came, and Dad, Kyle and I set off. We didn't see much in the beginning, then around 11 a.m. we saw some bucks get bedded down in some cedar trees about 1200 yards away. We knew there was a pretty nice four point in the group so Kyle and I decided to move in for a closer shot. We left Dad on the mountain to watch and make sure they didn't move. We were able to get within 320 yards where I was able to get a shot. One shot was all it took and he went down. As we got closer, we realized it was bigger than we had originally thought because of its masive head and body size. I was so excited because I had never got a "big" buck before and it was amazing to be able to share this experience with my husband and my dad close by. Dad and I have always been hunting buddies so I was glad he was there for my first Big Buck. He was a 4 point with a 26 inch spread. As you can see we had a great time on
both trips. We were only sad that we had to come back to the real world where our jobs awaited us.
5 comments:
I'm so glad you posted the pictures - the views are awesome. You and Kyle are a perfect match - with so much in common. Congrats on the hunt!
Great pictures. And Congrats on getting your first buck!! That is exciting. And yes, I think you married the right guy..Or did he get the right girl???
Your family looks great!
Those are beautiful pictures of the mountains. Congratulations on the big buck.
AWESOME!! Beautiful pictures! P.S. Working on emailing you pumpkins...my didn't turn out that great. I have a problem with moving my hand...so I hope Kenj got good ones.
Misty, I get snooping soemtimes and see what you are up to. You great deer hunter. It was fun to see the picture of your family. Tell them Hi when you talk to them.
JAN
Post a Comment