Monday, July 20, 2009

Before and After

So we've been wanting to paint the walls of our house for awhile now and with the baby coming, we thought why not start with our two extra bedrooms. We picked out a textured paint called granite which you will see is on the bottom half of the wall. For the top, we chose a lighter tan. Now I can't take much more credit than that because Kyle refused to let me help. He's always looking after me, so for two weeks he'd come home from work and spend the evenings painting and putting up the chair rail (the molding in the middle of the wall) on this project. The granite paint was more difficult than we thought, but it turned out really, really nice. RC Willey was having a deal on carpet so we thought why not, and got carpet too. We love it and everything complemented each other well.

Before..... plain white walls, carpet torn out and Kyle excited to get the project started.
k



After.... without furniture.


This picture sums it up about how excited Kyle is now that the painting and carpet is done. He really worked hard on this and I am so appreciative of all he's done.

After.... with furniture.







This will be the baby's room. The second bedroom looks just like this one which we use as a guest room and also where I scrapbook.

And for those of you wondering, No I have not had the baby yet. My due date is Wednesday. For three weeks my doctor has told me "any day now, you'll definitely go early" because of how much progress I've made. I have learned my lesson not to always believe what he says, but we really like him anyway. So hopefully I don't go over to much. Kyle has high hopes that if she stays in and bakes an extra day or two she'll come out potty trained, boy is he in for a treat. Love ya babe!!

5 comments:

Kendra said...

I love it! Kyle did such a great job. I bet you are so excited. The bedding you picked out is darling too. I can't wait to hear the good news in a couple of days! :)

M- your favorite said...

WOW! It looks GREAT! I can't wait to meet your little one. Tell her to come out NOW!! Sure do miss you guys! Love your bedding! Super cute!

Jenny Griffin said...

It looks soooo great! Good job Kyle. I also LOVE the bedroom set (cute little monkeys). We can't wait for her!

Young family said...

Wow! What a project... I love the finished project. It makes me want to change things in my house...
Good luck getting that baby here!

The Ziegler Family said...

The room looks awesome. Can he come paint my house? I am so excited for the arrival of you little one. Good luck with everything.