Kylee K. Paxman
During one of my prenatal appointments it was decided that I would need to be induced so that my little one didn't get over 6 lbs. Taytum was 6 lbs and 1 oz and was big enough to do quite the number on me so we wanted to avoid that this time around if possible. Our induction was scheduled for Thursday, July 19th but before going to the hospital I headed to the clinic at 11:00 in the morning for an amnio test, just to make sure our baby's lungs were developed before we proceeded with the induction. We did the test and headed to the hospital and was put up in a waiting room where we were to wait for the results (which supposedly would only take an hour).
| Taytum and I watching "Barney" as we await the results from our Amnio Test. |
I progressed slowly between 6 and 7 but after that my contractions became more forceful and frequent. Around 8:15 when they checked me again I was at an 8 and 90% effaced but it wasn't 10 minutes later that I knew that this baby was coming and sure enough I was ready to go. I pushed through 3 contractions and at 8:32 our precious little Kylee was born. She immediately started to scream and she was laid on my stomach as Kyle cut the imbilical cord. She than was taken to be weighed and to get her vitals checked. She was covered in cheese but she was beautiful and weighed 5 lbs 15 oz and was 17 inches long. She obviously got named after her proud papa and he had picked this name out since the day we knew it was a girl.
I have loved carrying this little one inside for 9 months but it never ceases to amaze me the instant love and bond I have for Kylee in just the first few seconds of life. The next few pictures are of Kylee being checked by the nurses.
![]() |
| Vitals being read and announced healthy. |
![]() |
| She weighed 5 lbs 15 oz and was 17 in long. |
![]() |
| Getting the goo on her eyes before being handed to her mommy. |
![]() | |||
| Holding my baby while I'm being put back together. |
![]() |
| Taytum meeting her new sister. |
![]() |
| Our first family photo. |
![]() |
| Grandma Pike |
![]() |
| Grandma Paxman |
![]() |
| Taytum would just follow her sister around and just stare at her. |
![]() |
| Aunt Koreen The kids were able to hold her but I didn't get picture of them for some reason. |
![]() |
| Grandpa Pike's turn. |
![]() |
| And finally Grandpa Paxman |
![]() |

![]() |
| Getting all sudsed up. |
Another Family picture. I can't believe we are now a family of four.
Saturday around 2 we headed for home to try our hand at raising now 2 little, wonderful girls. It' crazy how tiny they seem in their car seat that first ride home.Sunday night my mom came back down to stay a few days while we got the hang of things. She is such a huge help and I didn't have to make one dinner while she was there. Taytum also loves getting a turn to give Kylee her bottle. I was breast feeding and pumping but struggled with the whole breast feeding thing. I don't know how women do it. Taytum never wanted me but Kylee would latch and it hurt like the dickens. I gave it a full month and it never got easier so after trying to get past the feeling of guilt I gave it up. I don't regret it now but that was such a hard time for since I felt that I was letting my baby down but really it has been the best thing for me.
I could look at a sleeping baby all day long.
Daddy feeding his new baby girl. I love how they are looking at each other here.
Time for a bath. That first bath is always tough as they are just so little but she liked her first bath a lot more than Taytum did.
Too cute.
![]() |
| She didn't like the lotion part at all. |
Photo Shoot
I love all the adorable newborn pictures you see out there but I just can't afford them so I tried holding my own photo shoot and though their definitely not done by a professional I thought I got a couple of good shots.
![]() |
| She was not liking this ideas of a photo shoot. |
A change of headbands. I love her hands in her mouth and all the sleeping ones.
And my most favorite one. I love that she is smiling.
My mom put this little bonnet on her since it was one that I had worn long ago.
My two beautiful girls: absolutely perfect and completely ours
July 4thSo I know I'm going back a little ways but for July 4th we simply watched the fireworks done by others in our front yard. There was a firework ban everywhere except American Fork so Keldon and Annette and their neighbors came to our place to light off their fire works. This was Taytum's first time being this close to fireworks. We're usually in the mountains for this holiday but stuck around this year since it was getting close to my due date. She loved it and watched for a good while until she got sleepy and just laid down on the blanket to watch.
Taytum is 3!!
Holy cow I can't believe she's 3. Four days later after delivering Kylee (at least it wasn't the same day, which was my goal) this little monkey celebrated her third birthday. She wanted everything princess so we dressed the part.
Opening presents with from the family. She is always so spoiled.
I got her some magnetic dress up dolls thinking she would love to change their outfits but she really hasn't played with it much. She did however looove her new miniture princess dolls. I gave her a Belle and Grandma Pike gave her a cinderella and Arielle one.
Kyle and I also got her a fish that she has named "fishy".
I attempted to make a princess cake with the cake part being the dress and a barbie head coming out of it but it didn't turn out the way I expected so Aunt Annette saved the day and picked this princess one up at the store for us. It was much appreciated especially since I had a 4 day old baby to look after.
Random July Pictures
We finally got some pretty heavy rain one day so Taytum had to get the umbrella and play outside.
Another chocolatey face eaten by a cute new 3 year old.
Playing in the water one day while watering the plants. She loves to take control of the hose but it never stays on just the plants for very long.
Having so much fun.



























































1 comment:
Kylee is just adorable! Congratulations on another girl! Girls really are the best! Taytum is getting so big and it looks like you are doing great!
Post a Comment