Last Camping trip of the Year
Labor Day is usually the last camping trip we get in with the kiddos and this year was no exception. It was a rainy, rainy, MUDDY trip. Sitting around the fire during one of the few spells without rain.
Just look at the water on this road, luckily we didn't get stuck though I was worried a few times. It ended up being a record breaking rainfall year on the mountain.
Dirty hands, the kids had made a whole city in the mud, her snow boots will never be the same. Because of all the rain I didn't get very many pictures this trip.
We did have an experience this trip we will never forget and that was Kylee locking herself in the truck. I had set her in their to grab some breakfast makings from the cooler and as soon as I walked away I heard the click of the locks and sure enough she had locked herself in with the keys still sitting in the ignition. At first we tried to get her to hit the unlock button but to no avail. Hilary and Colette were there with me and we tried a hangar for a good while. Kylee kept standing up to the window and crying her little eyes out, talk about heart wrenching and I wanted to cry just as hard. Luckily it was a cool day so we didn't have to worry about it getting to hot. After an hour of trying we were really wondering what to do. Not knowing what should be done, one of Hilary's sons went to find our husbands who had gone off looking for bulls earlier. Colette decided to walk to a camp of hunters right next door and luckily one of them happened to be home, his name was Eric. He came to our rescue and after another 45 minutes of trying and with the use of an awning pole he finally succeeded in sliding the lock switch. What a happy reunion that was and just as we got her out, our husbands pulled in. Kyle was glad we had found Eric because we were to the point of thinking we might have to break the window. The whole time we had been trying to push the unlock button but apparently the unlock button does not work when the keys are halfway in the ignition. Who would've known? Anyway I'm glad it all ended well and a big thanks to Eric from Tines Up. He had been out on his bull hunt with a bow and it so happened he got a monster bull the next night, so I say it was good karma for saving my baby.
Preschool 2013
4 years old
I can't believe this will be her second year of preschool. This will be a new experience for both of us. I'm excited to give preschool a try. I ended up with 7 students which, with starting late I was happy with.
The advantage of being her teacher is that I was able to snap a picture while busy coloring during class.
Scott's Hunt
The boys outside an old cabin looking for the big one
After hunting hard for 6 days chasing a monster, Scott filled his tag with this really nice bull they called "The Mute". He passed on this bull and a lot of others during the week.
Scott, Reed and his Dad
Just look at the rugged, handsome guide. It rained a lot during his hunt which always makes things more difficult but they had a great time and made some good memories. Scott's bull still scored over 360" with a unique turned down front. Another great bull for the Miner clan!
Sand Pile
We moved most of our stuff into our new home only a couple days before the big hunt and because the hot water hadn't been turned on we didn't sleep there. After Kyle left for the hunt the grils and I decided to go ahead and sleep there (they promised us hot water the next day but it ended up being 3 days). My mom and dad came up on a Saturday and helped us at least get our beds put together so it is now official, we are residents of Elk Ridge. My next post is dedicated to the building of our dream home. One of the first things we did was play in the little bit of sand that was left over out front.
Rubbing sand in the eyes, never a good thing.
We spent a good amount of time out this day.
Random September Pictures
Taytum wants to be a witch for Halloween and we found this costume and she had to try it on. She is giving me her scary witch cackle.
Kylee fell asleep on our bed one afternoon and she looked so peaceful.
Taytum found some Halloween black lipstick and this was her attempt of getting it off before I saw her but it wouldn't come off very well
Another sleeping baby picture
I signed Taytum up in a local Dance class and she was so excited to try on her new leotard and tutu.
Movie night, Kyle bought us the 3-D version of Epic so here we are watching it as a family with our attractive glasses on.
Taytums first haircut, it was barely a trim to try and even up her sides but it was fun for her.
1 comment:
So glad you were able to get Kylee bug out of the truck. She is so cute!! the post look great!!
Post a Comment