Thursday, April 14, 2011

General Conference
Kyle and a buddy went to the Boulder to look for elk sheds and since I knew our turkey hunt was coming up, I stayed with the little one and went to my parents house for General Conference weekend. We had a good time and I love that we have modern day prophets that we can listen to and receive guidance.

Taytum loved cruising around the kitchen and living room with this stroller. Oh and have I mentioned that she is walking for reals and long distances too. Finally!
So sad. This is a face we see a lot in our house when things don't go exactly as she wanted.
Taytum used to get so jealous when I would hold Cooper but now she loves to give him hugs and check out his finger and toes. Cooper is such a good, smiley baby. I just love him.
Mom and the kiddos during General Conference.Taytum loves swings and I have been trying to find a cheap swing set with no avail but her face explains it all and loves to swing at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Em playing out on the swing too.

Happy St. Patricks Day!
My little one all dressed up for the day of the Irish. As far as teaching goes, this is my favorite holiday. Starting at the beginning of March we have a leprechaun in our classroom that we write to daily and "he" writes back. The students get so excited and I really believe it helps their writing take off because they are so interested in it. Also on St. Patricks Day, I color my foot green and I always get a great reaction so I just really like St. Patricks Day.
St. Pattys day dinner: fettucine with green alfredo sauce, beans, jello and a rainbow cupcake. I had also made Kyle green Tuna Fish sandwiches for lunch and he wasn't to sure about that idea.
Taytum starting into her meal and .......
.....this is how she felt about her "green" meal. She really didn't eat much but sure enjoyed squishing it through her fingers and then running her fingers into her hair.
Random March and April Pictures
Grandpa and Grandma Pike stopped by for a visit and here Grandpa put her to work combing his hair. I remember doing this as a kid so it was cute to see her do it too.
Here she is trying to get her rings put back together and...
Ta Da! She has mastered her stacking cups and rings. I got this new baby genius video that sings nursery rhymes and she absolutely loves it and will make herself comfortable in the love sac and watch the whole thing (about 30 minutes).
Beginning of March we had our first warm day and I couldn't resist going outside and having a picnic out on the grass. The weather has obviously been a roller coaster since then but I can't wait for some more warm weather so that we can do this more often.
Now she unloads her bookcase and crawls into the shelf. Luckily my dad built this super heavy and it shouldn't ever tip over.
Random picture after dinner.
She still loves to unload the shoe nook and does this on a daily basis.Now with the shoes out, she has a new nap spot.
I couldn't help but take this picture even though she's not supposed to touch the keyboard (or the mouse, for that matter) because of the random buttons she like to push, but she was so focused on whatever she was trying to do.
She has had this one front tooth for what seems like forever and I thought I better get it captured on camera then hopefully her other front tooth will come in. She also loves to bang on the piano keys.
This girl loves to play in the sink and if I'm washing dishes she has to be right there too so she can stick her hands in the water.
Grandma got her these window clings and she has loved re-arranging them often.
She loves to sit on the arm of the couch to watch TV.
Here she is trying to feed herself some cereal and.....
...she made it to her mouth without any falling off! Hooray! It's amazing where as last week she couldn't do it without help and now this week she got most of it in her mouth.

No comments: