Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break Turkey Hunt!
We left Friday, April 8th for this years turkey hunt. Originally I was the only one with a tag but Kyle got lucky and got one too when someone turned theirs back in. We headed south with my dad in tow for the weekend through Monday which happened to be my spring break so it worked out great. We set up camp and Kyle did a great job calling but the turkeys just weren't talking back but we were still successful in this years hunt!

The very first day out we got these Jake's to come in and play. They came in real close and it was fun to watch them gobble and fight with each other.Here turkey. turkey, turkey....
Dad was such a sport and I really enjoyed having them there with us.


Silent Bob.
This turkey was such a stinker and led us on a good chase. We had found him the night before and roosted him so that we could get in place in the morning. Morning came and we set up but they headed the opposite direction. We tried to sneak up closer but they saw us and flew up onto the sage brush bank above us. So we followed and started creeping through the sage brush because we could hear this turkey strutting. He came out of this one opening and because of the sage brush and Kyle being in front of me I didn't have a shot so he took it. He felt so bad because he was trying to let me get the darn thing but it just didn't happen this time.
I really enjoy our time together on these hunts. It is so fun and I always have a good time.
Headed home with a turkey in the truck. Too bad there weren't two turkeys but that is usually how my luck goes. Maybe we will make it down another weekend but with Easter and everything else I'll probably have to wait until next year to get me a big Tom!
This place had awesome, climbing cottonwood trees.My cute hubby.
Dad standing by his tent that almost blew over. Saturday it was super windy but other than that we had pretty decent weather considering the forecast wasn't so good.
There are quite a few Indian ruins where we were at and it is pretty amazing to think that these were homes once upon a time.
Here is a Modern day rock house.
Taytum helping me unpack. Isn't she a good helper?
I also posted March's post below so make sure to check it out.

1 comment:

M- your favorite said...

OKAY! I am in LOVE with that girl!!! I mean in LOVE!!!

Will sorry about the turkey- That really stinks- but good job Kyle! I love that you two love to do thoes things togther. I think that is awesome!

P.S. I am so glad you got a picture of her one front tooth. That made me laugh! :) SO CUTE!!